This 2-day course's primary purpose is to prepare you to cope with an emergency situation involving an injured climbing partner. This course is taught entirely outdoors. The techniques taught in this course utilize a standard rack of gear to prepare you to rescue your partner while leading or seconding. Obtain the basic skills all responsible climbers should possess. Our indoor climbing facility insures this class can be taught rain or shine!
- FREE CAMPING INCLUDED!
- Student to instructor ratio 2 to 1
- Climbing shoes and technical equipment provided
- Access to our exclusive Indoor Real Rock Anchoring Walls.
- Free camping while enrolled in any course or being Privately guided. Free lodging in the WEXLER HUT included with all weekday courses (limited space available--please call soon!)
|Course||1 person||2 person||3 person|
|Self Rescue 2 Day||$350||$300 each||By Your Request Only - $250 each *|
|Self Rescue 3 Day||$450||$400 each||By Your Request Only- $325 **|
* Any 3 Person 2 Day class can start any weekday except Friday
** Any 3 Person 3 Day class must start either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday
All other weekday courses start on Tuesdays
Seneca Rocks Mountain Guides was the original school to offer Self-Rescue courses at Seneca Rocks.
Day 1: Begins at 8.30am. We will spend the day outside on the rock, discussing, demonstrating and practicing real scenarios. The three main skills all multi-pitch climbers need are--the ability to escape the belay, lower your partner, raise your partner and potentially counter-balance rappel with your partner. We'll show you how to do these procedures hanging on the side of the rock. We usually return to town around 5-6pm.
Day 2: Head back out at 8.30am. Spend the day outside on the rock refining and polishing the skills you learned earlier. Head back to town around 5pm.